Wednesday, August 10, 2016

What I Ate During My Single Days

 

Back when I was single, I would make a big batch of this and eat it for dinner throughout the week until it was gone. Ahhh, those were the days. Cooking was a lot easier back then! I didn't have picky kids to deal with...just my own tastes and moods. The amounts are approximate because I add in as much or as little as I feel like.


 

Seafood Caprese Salad

Ingredients:

1 (1 lb.) box medium shell pasta
1-2 packages imitation crab
1-2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
Mozzarella cheese, cubed
Fresh basil, chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.

Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper, to taste.

Place cooked pasta in a large bowl. Add imitation crab, grape tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil. Add olive oil/balsamic vinegar mixture. Toss until well-mixed.

Source: I made it up because I love caprese salad, pasta, and imitation crab. So, I just combined all of them. It's just as good as I remembered it. I made it and my husband and I had it for lunch for the next few days. Good stuff!

Notes: I tend to like more stuff than less in this. It just lasts longer that way too because there is more of it. My picky oldest son loved it too...but he did pick out the imitation crab. Oh well, you can't win 'em all!

 



Above: If you don't love crab, just leave it out, or substitute some Genoa salami, like we did here.

1 comment:

  1. So does it take you back? How come we've never had this at one of our dinners?

    ReplyDelete