Thursday, August 11, 2016

Product Replacement

I love Betty Crocker Suddenly Salads. They just come in handy so often and they are so delicious! Besides that, you can add in all sorts of things to them to change things up. However, if they ever stop making them, this pasta salad is the recipe to make to replace the Classic Suddenly Salad.

 

Colorful Spiral Pasta Salad

Ingredients:

1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
4 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups Italian salad dressing with roasted red pepper and Parmesan

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last two minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.

Transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, salt, and pepper.

Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving.

Yield: 14 servings (3/4 cup each).

Nutrition information: 3/4 cup equals 149 calories, 4 g fat, 0 cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.

Source: Taste of Home. You can find it here.

Notes: I omitted the broccoli (because I forgot to buy it) and my son pointed out that it needed to have some mozzarella cheese cubes, so I added some in to please my son. The mozzarella was, indeed, a delicious and necessary addition. I'll have to make it another time with the broccoli!

I made homemade Italian dressing using a Good Seasons Zesty Italian dressing packet because homemade dressing is always so much better than bottled.

Also, I could not find tri-color spiral pasta! As a result, I just used Barilla rotini pasta instead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment