Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Easy Way Out

 

I have a new baby (now a little over three months old), and you can bet your boots that I am looking for easy meals to make for my family until we get on a better schedule. Here is a great recipe I found.


Slow-Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops

Ingredients:

4 bone-in pork loin chops (2 lbs.)
1 package (1 oz) ranch dressing and seasoning mix
2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
White rice, for serving
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, optional

Direction:

Place pork chops in the slow cooker.

Mix ranch dressing and seasoning mix, cream of mushroom soup, and milk and pour over pork chops.

Cover and cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until fork-tender. Serve pork chops and sauce over rice. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.

Source: Pillsbury. You can find it here.

Notes: I changed this recipe from the original. The original recipe used a can of Progresso creamy mushroom soup--which I didn't have on hand. Since I had condensed cream of mushroom soup, I used that. The original recipe also called for cornstarch to thicken the sauce, but I felt that the sauce was a good consistency, so I omitted that.

This was really easy to throw together for a family weeknight meal. I didn't have any fresh parsley (it would have looked a lot prettier with that color differentiation), but it tasted great anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Emily loves pork chops cooked in the crockpot. Going to have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete