Friday, December 11, 2015

It's Getting Thick Real Quick

 

Above: Look at how thick that is! This smoothie really holds up under pressure.

So, my husband LOVES The Fast and the Furious...me...not so much. However, "It's getting thick real quick" is a quote from one of the many Fast and Furious movies that we like to quote a lot. Here's a thick smoothie that will keep you full for breakfast.


Above: This is a great on-the-go breakfast. 

Strawberry-Orange Smoothie

Ingredients:

2 cups orange juice
1 pkg. (16 oz) frozen whole strawberries
1 pkg. (3.4 oz) Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding

Directions:

Blend ingredients in blender until smooth.

Serve immediately.

Recipe variations:

Strawberry-Orange Sherbet: Prepare as directed; freeze until firm. Scoop into dessert dishes to serve.

Creamy: For a creamier smoothie, substitute milk for the orange juice. (I tried this, and personally, it wasn't my favorite combination. Without the orange juice, the pudding has a different aftertaste in the smoothie)

Not as thick: If you don't like things so thick, change it from a three ingredient recipe to a two ingredient recipe and omit the pudding. Frozen strawberries simply mixed with some orange juice makes for a super tasty breakfast too!

Source: Kraft. You can find it here.

Notes: The pudding really thickened this smoothie up nicely. In fact, it thickened it to the point of being spoon worthy. I would suggest adding additional orange juice in order to be able to drink it through a straw! I loved the flavor of the strawberries and orange juice together. I also loved simply blending strawberries and orange juice. I haven't tried the sherbet variation yet, but it would be delicious!


Above: Two ingredient smoothie version. Honestly, this was my favorite. Omit the pudding and just blend frozen strawberries and orange juice together. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Never thought of using pudding as a thickener. I wonder if it would work with the sugar free?

    ReplyDelete