Sunday, December 29, 2013

Easy Cooking During the Holiday Season


There is often so much baking and labor intensive cooking during the holidays that a really easy meal is very welcome! This is just that kind of meal.

Curry Chicken over Rice

Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon curry powder (see notes below)
Brown or white cooked rice
Chopped cilantro, optional

Directions:

Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with butter, honey, mustard, salt, and curry powder.

Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken with two forks.

Serve over rice. Top with chopped cilantro, if desired.

Source: I got this recipe from a gal named Jenna Ellis in my ward.

Notes: I used 1/4 cup of butter instead of a 1/2 cup because I felt like I had already consumed enough butter over the holiday season! In the future, I might even add a little more curry. I would say to start with 1 teaspoon curry powder and then to add it to your taste after you have shredded the chicken. This was so good and such an easy meal to make during the holiday season. The other thing I loved about it was that it was so different from what you usually eat during the holidays. It was a welcome change of pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment