Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Better Than At the Restaurant!

I really love a good wedge salad.  I had never had one until a few years ago.  I don't know what intrigued me when I saw it on the menu, but I instantly fell in love.  It's most craveable and this recipe is as good as any I have had in any restaurant.  The taste is so fresh and the iceberg lettuce stays incredibly crisp.  So good!


WEDGE SALAD WITH ELEGANT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING

Ingredients:

Dressing:

1/2 pound crumbled blue cheese
1/4 c. sour cream
1/3 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1 clove garlic minced
ground black pepper to taste

Salad:

1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 8 wedges
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 pound crumbled blue cheese
*Cooked, crumbled bacon (see cook's notes)

Directions:

Combine 1/2 pound blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, sugar, garlic, and pepper in a bowl.  Blend using a hand mixer.  Chill until serving.

Build the salad by placing 1 lettuce wedge on each of 8 plates.  Drizzle equal amounts of dressing over each wedge.  Scatter tomatoes, onion, and 1/2 pound blue cheese over each salad.

Source:  Allrecipes.com posted by cabanagrl. You can find it here.

Cook's notes:  This really is so easy, so classic, and yet impressive enough for entertaining.  G-o-o-d! Oh, and I added cooked, crumbled bacon as it is served in most restaurants.  I don't usually add to the ingredients and post it as I found it, but this ingredient is a must.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this looks good! Thanks for posting this, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guide all'acquisto dei migliori prodotti: analisi recensioni e classifiche.Visita qui per saperne di più:use.it
    #I_Use

    ReplyDelete