Thursday, July 2, 2015

Summer Salads, Part 7

Who doesn't love a good spinach salad? I know I love 'em! I apologize that I can't find my picture for this one. I'll post it when I find it, or we will make it again and take a picture of it then!

Strawberry Spinach Salad I

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced onion
10 ounces fresh spinach--rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
1 quart strawberries--cleaned, hulled, and sliced
1/4 cup almonds, blanched and slivered

Directions:

In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.

In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes before serving.

Source: Allrecipes.com, submitted by TOZENUF. You can find it here.

Notes: Nearly 2,000 ratings and still 5 rated 5 stars! This salad is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. This is just a good all around salad. Every cook should have one as a standby.

    ReplyDelete