Thursday, July 2, 2015

Summer Salads, Part 6

 

This salad is fun in that it combines greens and pasta. We really liked this a lot. Besides, if it has sun-dried tomatoes, pasta, and mushrooms in it, count me in!


Delicatessen Pasta Salad

Ingredients:

2 (9 oz) packages fresh spinach and ricotta tortellini
1 (7 oz) jar mixed sliced roasted sweet peppers in olive oil
1 (8 oz) jar mushrooms in olive oil, drained
1 (8 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
1 cup basil
3 cups arugula
Black pepper

Directions:

Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to the package directions. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.

Add the jar of mixed roasted pepper, including the oil, along with the drained mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes.

Add the basil and arugula. Season with black pepper, stir gently to combine, and serve warm.

Source: It looks like my mom got this from a place called Hamlyn QuickCook, though I can't seem to find the link for this recipe online. I will keep looking and if I find the link, I will include it here.

Notes: This was really great. Perfect summer salad!

1 comment:

  1. This is the one! I was wondering what I did with this recipe. Seriously one of my new favorites. Love, love this!

    ReplyDelete