Friday, July 5, 2013

Popeye Power


Sometimes it is so hard to fit those veggies in! It can be especially hard to get your kids to eat their veggies. Well, here is a good way to do it. Blend it and sip it up!

My sister-in-law shared this recipe for a great way to add more veggies to your diet.

Green Smoothie

Ingredients:

2 cups spinach, loosely packed
1 peach, halved and pitted
1 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk (or substitute regular milk--you could even add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract)

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.

Source: My wonderful sister-in-law, Shandie. Thanks!


3 comments:

  1. i've got to try that! I'll have to pick up some spinach at the grocery store this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this for breakfast this morning. Mine wasn't as pretty as yours (I think I used less spinach), but it was super tasty! Thanks for sharing this recipe, Shandie!

    ReplyDelete