Sunday, July 28, 2013

Facebook Recipes


Above: Update 7/29/13. I had to try my mom's recipe for the boys' breakfast this morning! So good!

Lately a lot of Facebook is taken up with people reposting recipes to their timeline to keep them.  Well, that would be the last place that I would want to store recipes....not a very handy way to search.  But I have been curious how good some of these recipes can be.  Most people repost without having tried them.  So I saw one posted and decided that since I had the ingredients, I wanted to test it out.  Well, I can't say for all of them, but this one was really good.


MINI GERMAN PANCAKES

1 c. milk 
6 eggs
1 c. (all-purpose) flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. butter, melted

Preheat over to 400 degrees.  Blend first five ingredients in a blender.  Be sure to smooth out any flour lumps.

Blend in butter a little at a time.

Grease muffin tins well and fill slightly less than half full.

Bake for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top.  The crater will form on its own.

Add your favorite toppings and a dusting of powdered sugar.

Cook's note:  These puff up and form the pocket.  I didn't have powdered sugar, which would have made them look really pretty.  I had jam for filling, but pie filling would have been just as good.

Very easy and nice.


Above: Proof that my oven cooks unevenly. I knew that one side cooked a little hotter than the other...but now I have definitive proof!


Above: I made big ones and little ones (using a jumbo muffin pan and a regular muffin pan).


Above: Here are the smaller ones. Perfect size for my little boys (the jumbo ones are a better side for my husband's breakfast). I cooked mine for 20 minutes instead of 15 because of my son's egg allergy. So, they were a little more browned than my mom's, but still delicious!

2 comments:

  1. These sound so delicious. I love German pancakes...and so do my boys. I might have to make these today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good eggy pastry type thing for breakfast and you are getting some protein in, right?

    ReplyDelete