Sunday, July 28, 2013

After Work Quick Dinner

Here's the story, and I'm stickin' to it.  Sometimes you fall into a handy recipe by accident.  We were grocery shopping and I told my husband to pick up an ingredient.  By mistake, he picked up 3 cans of Crescent rolls.  I don't often use them, so I did a search for recipes using them so they wouldn't go to waste.  I found this one and it's a week night keeper.  Quick, easy after a long day of work and very satisfying.

ITALIAN CRESCENT CASSEROLE


1 lb ground beef, cooked, drained
1 c. basil and garlic tomato pasta sauce (from 16 oz jar)
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 1/2 c shredded Italian cheese blend (6 oz)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves

In 10 inch skillet, mix beef and pasta sauce.  Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.

Separate dough into 8 triangles.  Place dough in ungreased 9-inch pie plate in spoke pattern, with narrow tips overlapping rim of plate about 3 inches.  Press dough in side and bottom to form crust; sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.  Spoon meat mixture evenly over cheese.  Bring tips of dough over filling to meet in center; do not overlap.  Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c cheese and the basil.

Bake at 375 degrees 15-20 minutes.

Makes 2 servings.

Source:  bettycrocker.com. You can find it here.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I have discovered some pretty awesome recipes as a result of my husband picking up the wrong thing, or picking up three times as much of the right thing than I needed, at the grocery store. :) This looks really tasty and easy!

    ReplyDelete