Thursday, May 19, 2016

Taking the Easy Way Out

This year, we were in the middle of moving out of our house and into a new one right around my birthday, so I really didn't have the time or energy to bake myself a birthday cake. My son picked me out a cute cake at the grocery store (a pink and purple princess cake, awwww). However, I also saw these and since they were only about $3 each, I got one for each of my boys as well. They were so cute and I loved the idea because you could easily duplicate it at home.


In fact, it took me back to a cake decorating contest we had for an Family Home Evening activity in one of my single's wards years ago. We were give plain white cakes, frosting, and food coloring and given the task of decorating cakes. One girl cut her cake into pieces and created the cutest hot dog cake with fries and ketchup. I thought it was so creative. I can copy things, but I definitely can't come up with ideas like that on my own.

The fries here were made from simply cutting pound cake into slices and providing a dollop of red frosting for the ketchup to dip them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment