Saturday, March 22, 2014

No Recipe Required


We had a combined birthday party for the cousins on my side of the family. We decided to do a minion theme (a la Despicable Me). For dessert, we made some minion cupcakes (inspired by Pinterest).


Minion Cupcakes

Ingredients:

Frosted cupcakes
Twinkies
Smarties
Black gel frosting
Black string licorice

Directions:

Cute Twinkies in half. Place one Twinkie half on each cupcake (standing up). Decorate Twinkies to look like minion faces.

Source: Pinterest (numerous posts--I don't know where the idea originated).

Notes: This was actually quite easy. Practice makes perfect and I improved with each cupcake.


Above: The minion on the first row, far left, is the first one I did. You can tell by the unsteady hand with the black gel frosting. :) As I said, I got better as I went along. The one in the far left on the back row is the last one I did...and it occurred to me that I should have made more with just one eye. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment