Sunday, September 29, 2013

Muffin To It



I have mentioned before that I make a lot of baked goods such as muffins and quick breads for my husband to eat for breakfast since he is usually on the go. Here is a super easy and tasty muffin recipe that I discovered recently.


Grandma's Honey Muffins

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup honey

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, butter, and honey. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Serve warm.

Yield: 1 dozen.

Source: Taste of Home April/May 2007, submitted by Darlis A. Wilfer of West Bend, Wisconsin. You can find it here.

Notes: I cooked these 20 minutes because of my son's egg allergies, so mine are a little more browned than maybe they should be. Even so, these were really yummy.

1 comment: