Saturday, March 30, 2013

One of My Favorite Desserts


Does it really get any better than a warm brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce? I didn't think so. In the past, I have always just used a brownie mix (Ghirardelli has some pretty awesome brownie mixes). However, recently I have been finding some brownie recipes to keep on hand when I don't have a brownie mix handy.

The following recipe is kind of a combination of the past (using a mix) and the future (using a recipe). It is a brownie recipe that is made from a cake mix...with a very short ingredient list. I always love having new options for cake mixes!

These brownies were delicious. Super easy to make, and very yummy.


Above: These make a big pan. The recipe says it yields 48 brownies (or 4 dozen). However, I would say that I got about 5 rows by 4 rows, or a total of 20 brownies.


Above: If you like your brownies plain.


Above: If you like a light dusting of powdered sugar.

Triple Fudge Brownies

Ingredients:

1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix (and ingredients called for on the box)
1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
Confectioners' sugar, optional
Vanilla ice cream, optional

Ingredients:

Prepare pudding according to package directions. Whisk in dry cake mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.

Dust with confectioners' sugar, if using. Serve with ice cream, if desired.

Yield: 4 dozen.

Source: This is a Taste of Home recipe found here.

Notes: These weren't easy to spread in the pan. You can't simply "pour" it in as stated in the recipe. I had to spray a spatula with cooking spray and spread the batter into the pan. However, these were so easy, and the chocolate chips made them really decadent and made them taste homemade, rather than from a mix.


Above: I, myself, prefer a scoop of ice cream and some chocolate syrup. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. The nice thing is that cake mixes go on sale often.

    I need to post my recipes of banana bread made from cake mixes.

    ReplyDelete