Saturday, March 2, 2024

Having a Ball! A Cheese Ball!

I wanted a white cheese ball that I could roll in cranberries. I was inspired by this recipe that I found on Slim Sanity. I made enough changes that I feel I can call this version of the recipe my own. 

I love the sweet and salty mix of the cheese and cranberries. It is great during the holidays…or any time of the year!


White Cheddar Cranberry Cheese Ball

Makes 2 cheese balls

Ingredients:

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups (16 oz) shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
1-3 tablespoons grated white onion, to your taste
1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, to your taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 cups dried cranberries

Directions:

Add all ingredients, except cranberries, into a bowl. Mix together with a hand mixer until smooth.

Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.

Spread a piece of plastic wrap flat and sprinkle with dried cranberries. Spoon half of the cheese ball mixture on top of the cranberries. Top with more dried cranberries. Shape into a ball and add more dried cranberries, as needed, until cheese ball is completely covered with dried cranberries.

Repeat with other half of the cheese mixture and dried cranberries.

Wrap in plastic wrap and place in a bowl to set up. The bowl will help the ball keep its shape until you are ready to serve.

Refrigerate until ready to serve. Let cheese ball come to room temperature for 30 minutes to soften before serving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment