Monday, September 22, 2014

More Spuds, Part 2


I love potatoes! I just posted a couple of potato salad recipes...but here is one more!

Creamy Bacon Cheddar Loaded Baked Potato Salad

Ingredients:

2 lb. red potatoes (about 4 potatoes)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons ranch dip, dressing, and recipe mix
1/4 cup whole milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits
1 cup diced green onions
Salt and pepper, to taste (my addition)

Directions:

In a large pot, cover potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Boil for 20-30 minutes, until fork tender. Strain potatoes and set aside to cool.

In a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, sour cream, dressing mix, and milk. Add cheese, bacon bits, green onions, and stir.

Peel the skin off the potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Add potatoes to the dressing mix and gently stir until combined.

Makes 10 half cup servings.

Source: Kraft recipes. You can find it here.

Notes: This was really good. Comfort food at its finest. It tastes like a loaded baked potato, for sure...the only thing that was missing was that it needed salt and pepper (which was not called for in the recipe). I would suggest adding salt and pepper to your taste.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the salt and pepper. Seems like a basic need with any kind of potatoes. I would definitely make this one again. If I remember where I put the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete