Saturday, August 2, 2014

Quick Substitutions: Cocoa Powder for Chocolate

I saw this in one of my email newsletters. It was a short video, and they didn't even have a written version of the recipe, but I thought it was such handy information to know! It is a video on how to substitute cocoa powder for chocolate. I thought this was awesome because I always have cocoa powder on hand, but I don't always have unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate on hand.

Homemade Unsweetened Chocolate

Ingredients:

3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp butter

Directions:

Dissolve cocoa powder in liquid that is called for in the recipe. Mix in butter.

Makes enough to replace 1 oz unsweetened chocolate.

Source: Video from MyRecipes.com. You can watch the video here. I think you have time to watch it. The video is only 36 seconds long. :)

Homemade Semi-Sweet Chocolate

Ingredients:

3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. butter
1 1/2 tbsp. sugar

Directions:

Dissolve cocoa powder in liquid that is called for in the recipe. Mix in butter and sugar.

Makes enough to replace 1 oz semi-sweet chocolate.

Source: Same video as the one above.

Notes: I haven't tried either of these, but I thought it was super valuable information to have. You know, if you ever HAVE to have brownies and just happen to be out of bars of baking chocolate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment