Monday, January 27, 2014

Another Pantry Winner

 

In my perfect freezer world, I would keep a pork roast, beef roast, pork tenderloin, flank steak, chicken breasts, bacon, whole chickens, ground beef, cubed beef stew meat, etc. In reality, I have different combinations of these items in my freezer at different points in time.

As it so happened, I had some pork tenderloin in there that was due to be used up...and this is the recipe I decided to make with it.


Weight Watchers Sweet-Hot Pork Medallions

Ingredients:

1 pound pork tenderloin
1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Vegetable cooking spray
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions:

Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 1-inch-thich slices. Place slices between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder.

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil. Place skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of pork medallions, and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove pork from skillet; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining half of pork meallions.

Add water, soy sauce, and brown sugar to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until bubbly. Soon sauce over pork.

Yield: 4 servings.


Source: Weight Watchers 15-Minute Cookbook, ISBN 0-8487-1822-4.

Notes: I had discovered this recipe a few years back in my cookbook. It is easy and so flavorful. I haven't quite found the best side dishes to go along with it. I served this with a salad, egg rolls, and couscous...so, I kind of mixed my ethnic cuisines here, and I don't think it worked too great. I mean, it all tasted great, but I don't think it paired well together. Other than that, this is so delicious, and so easy to make.

I like to increase the sauce (I usually double or triple it).

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had pork tenderloin in a long time. Yum. Love that cut of meat.

    ReplyDelete