Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Dip That Fruit!

I made some fruit dip because my oldest son asked me to. He really wanted to dip his green grapes into some fruit dip. So, heck, why not!?

 
Fruit Dip

Ingredients:

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme

Directions:

Using an electric mixer, blend cream cheese and marshmallow creme until mixed thoroughly.

Source: Allrecipes.com, submitted by Crystal Gossett. You can find it here.

Notes: Simple and sweet...and a crowd pleaser, especially with the kids.


 

Brown Sugar Fruit Dip

Ingredients:

1 (8 oz) container sour cream
Brown sugar, to taste

Directions:

Stir brown sugar, to taste, into sour cream until smooth. Use as a fruit dip or serve a dollop on top of some fresh berries.

Source: I found an idea in a cookbook where strawberries were served with sour cream that had brown sugar sprinkled on top. I tried it, but I thought the sour cream was a little too tart and the brown sugar was a little too few and far between. So, I tried mixing in the brown sugar and discovered that I really liked the dip that way. 

Notes: It is great with all fruit, but particularly good with berries. This one isn't as popular with the kids. Even with the brown sugar mixed in, it is a tad too tart for little taste buds. However, I really love it and perhaps you will too.


No comments:

Post a Comment