Monday, July 4, 2016

Holiday Spirit...the Easy Way

I wanted to make something patriotic for the 4th of July, but I also didn't have much time or energy to do anything over-the-top. Here was my simple solution.


Flag Rice Krispies Treats

Ingredients:

6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 (10 oz) package mini marshmallows
3 tbsp. butter
Blue sugar sprinkles
Red sugar sprinkles

Directions:

Place marshmallows and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds, and stir until smooth. Add rice cereal.

Spray a 9x13-inch glass dish with cooking spray. Spray your hands with cooking spray and pour the rice krispies mixture into the glass baking dish. Press the rice krispies mixture evenly into the baking dish.

Sprinkle the rice krispies with red and blue sugar sprinkles to look like an American flag.

Source: This was a last minute idea. I was just going to do regular rice krispies treats, but I had the sprinkles and wanted to be festive, so this is what I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment