Tuesday, January 6, 2015

One-Pot: Part 1



Earlier this year, I happened upon this super easy, tasty, and amazing recipe. Apparently, a lot of people must have been a big fan of it (like I was), because a bunch of other one-pot meals were created as a result of it. While the original recipe is still my favorite (and still the best of the bunch), the others were also amazingly easy and quite tasty. Let me share my findings!




Three-Ingredient One-Pot Mac and Cheese

Ingredients:

1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 lb. uncooked elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
Salt, to taste
(Garlic powder or garlic salt, to taste--my addition)

Directions:

In 5-quart nonstick Dutch oven, heat evaporated milk, 4 cups hot water, macaroni and salt, to taste, to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 6 minutes, stirring frequently.

Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 8 minutes, stirring frequently.

Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.

Source: Pillsbury website. You can find it here.

Notes: When this was all done, I tasted it and I felt it was just missing something...so I added a little garlic salt and voila! Problem solved. This is the perfect macaroni and cheese option when you need something a little more than Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (which still has its place, of course) and something a little less than these macaroni and cheese recipes. I really liked this. It is really easy and very kid friendly.

1 comment:

  1. You could add ham or bacon to make this more substantial.

    ReplyDelete