Saturday, June 29, 2013

Don't Wait Until Easter

 


Every five weeks I have the opportunity/duty to take dinner into a group that I work with in a museum. I was a little poor so I was looking for something really reasonable. Unfortunately, there are no pictures because it go slurped up...well, as much as you can slurp up egg salad. Everyone made lots of yummy noises...you know. Mmmm.....mmmmm.mmmmm.

So here it is, a keeper of an egg salad recipe.


Egg Salad Sandwiches

Directions:

8 hard-cooked eggs, diced
1 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dill weed
Bread for serving

Ingredients:

In a bowl, gently mix all ingredients.  Cover and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.  Serve on bread or rolls.

Source: Allrecipes.com by Sara Slade. You can find it here.


2015 Update: I (Sarah) was finally able to try this. I doubled the recipe except for the dried minced onion. In my experience, a little dried minced onion goes a long way. So, I kept it at 1/4 cup even though I doubled everything else. This was fantastic. So flavorful and super delicious on croissants (though it is great on sliced white bread as well). Good find, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment