Monday, May 9, 2011

A New Kind Of Chicken


We've been on an easy kick lately. The girls have babies and I've had a crazy, stressful life. I usually like making Sunday dinners that are a real project, but I just haven't had the time. In my search for quick and easy, I came across this recipe. I think you'll like it. I know my family did.
BTW: the title of this blog is reference to what my kids heard 90% of the time when they were growing up and asked the question, "Mom, what's for dinner tonight?" I was always making new stuff and it just too long to describe what they were getting. Don't you feel sorry for them?
This recipe came from Betty Crocker... you know you just can't go wrong with Betty.


Easy Barbecue Crispy Chicken Melts

Ingredients:

3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 c. Original Bisquick mix
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 c. milk
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
1/4 c. barbecue sauce
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Heat oven to 425 degrees. In 13 x 9 inch pan, place butter. Heat in oven 2-3 minutes or until melted.

In shallow dish, stir Bisquick mix and pepper. Pour milk into small bowl. Coat chicken with Bisquick mixture, then dip into milk and coat again with Bisquick mixture. Place chicken in pan.

Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170 degrees F).

In small microwaveable bowl, microwave barbecue sauce uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until warm. Spoon sauce evenly over chicken; top with cheese. (We put it in the oven to melt for just a couple of minutes).

The picture doesn't do it justice, but here it is. It was a hit with one and all.

4 comments:

  1. I fixed the blog post. I'm not sure why Blogger didn't let you post it initially, Mom. It wouldn't let me publish your draft. But I cut and pasted the post and created a new post and then it let me publish it. Go figure.

    By the way, this chicken was crispy with barbecue sauce and cheese. Plus, it was easy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a picture of tiny tim's dinner? Ha ha! Love ya mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, oh you!

    Sarah, I found a spam blog thing and hit the button wrong and it sent one comment to the spam blog thingy and then when I tried to get it back, it showed that it was back; but I'm not sure it was.

    But, no, we're not haunted. Unless you count me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Laurie, that was a silly comment. The chicken does look pretty small next to that orange. And poor Tiny Tim...his plate could be filled with fruit as well as protein judging by the looks of the fruit basket nearby. :)

    ReplyDelete